Saturday, February 6, 2010

week 4, pop to op star

ok, wtf! can't believe i made it thru, what a blessing! it was pretty scary being in the bottom two last night. i thought, well, if this is the way it has to be, i'll just have to accept it. i was hoping i would go thru and thank goodness i did. katherine and meat saved me, the judges were split,then it was down to the audience vote. i have to say, I was pretty worried about my performance yesterday; it was so stripped back,[just me and the harp, which was beautifully played by the way, and my first instrument choice as a kid which parents squelched due to heaviness and expense, so i took up violin instead]. i had trouble connecting with it at first but in the end i felt it. very hard watching everyone else with their huge productions, but that's showbiz. the good news:i made it thru! and now, I made it to the initial goal i set: the semifinals, wow! who would've thunk??????! so, this week, i'm gonna dig VERY deep and do this and get into the finals! i welcome the challenge and am enjoying every little bit of this!

much love;
marcy xoxoxoxoxox

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was shocked that you were in the bottom two... but then even more so when two of the judges went for Danny!
Now, I know I'm rooting for you, but... from what I saw on the night, it should have been Bernie Nolan and Danny as bottom two, and then Bernie getting 4 votes from the judges!
Having said that - all contestants raised their game this week - well done to them all.
Good luck for the rest of the series.

Marc Abbott

T said...

Would you try and perform Porgy and Bess 'Summertime' - would be SO YOU!!!

BarbaraBW said...

You have been the highlight of my otherwise bleak winter...am enjoying every minute of your performances!

exBFF said...

every friday night, I'm on Youtube just waiting for that week's performance.

Can't wait to see next week!!

...so, when can we pre-order the opera album?

:-)

exBFF said...

Marcy - we're so VERY proud of you. You did an amazing job...and it gave the world to experience that incredible set of pipes.

You achieved your goal to make it to semis - so walk away with your head high. Seriously - we're so proud of you.

Can't wait to see what you do next. Is there any genre of music you can't do?

Standing ovation!!

T said...

you'd have thought marcella would have come back here out of courtesy to thank her fans here for their support!

Probably she's just a bad loser! Lol!

much love;
marcy xoxoxoxoxox

- (when she wants something!)

PS What a ghastly husband she's got!

Unknown said...

I am sorry you gave up writing here...hope it's not true!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marcella,

I realise I've completely missed the boat here (I missed the whole pop to op show when it aired, and caught up with it on YouTube today), but I just wanted to say that I was gobsmacked when you didn't get into the finals with such amazing performances, and I think you did a stunning job (and should have won!). Good luck with everything in the future :).

Dan Woods.