Monday, September 8, 2008

OPR-Other People's Religions

Okay, I am getting very, very annoyed with the Republican nominee for Vice President, Sarah Palin. I've seen this same clip from youtube, several times, where she says, "the iraq war is from God, it's his plan..." excuse me, but HOW DOES SHE KNOW THAT??? Has she personally heard from God himself? Did he come down to her or G.W. and say, "now listen, I want you to go over to Iraq and get them evil doers!"?? If so, can they prove this???? Hah, I bet they cannot. I find it extremely ARROGANT that she even says the Iraq war is "God's Plan". Wow, very, very arrogant. It is/was MAN'S Plan, and a bad one at that. I do not want her or anyone else's religion shoved down my throat, it has no business in politics. Also her stance on teaching "creationism" in schools is just insane!! Sarah, keep your religion to yourself, in your own home, or in your church, or with your family and friends but leave me and everyone else out of it!! I find it extremely offensive and I want no part of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does she know that? - People in the position of the president of the United States (or people among the ten guys around him) can define and use God for their purposes. Who would detain them? The Pope?

Remy said...

Funny, I was just having this discussion with my therapist the other day. I always found that it was a big turn off for republicans to use their religion as a weapon to get people to vote for them. Or at least that what it always sounded like. Don't they realize that it makes them sound like bigots? Or that they can turn a majority of people from other religions off and make them vote for the other person? The thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that people assume that Clinton's voters will vote for Palin just because she is a woman. It's insulting. Sorry for leaving such a long comment. I'm really enjoying your blogs though!

Anonymous said...

That's really good to see this blog..

Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment