Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog 2 addendum

After reading my first blog about scary phone calls, I wanted to add that, after sending the ceo [who I was nervous about contacting] an email with my song, he personally got back to me which was amazing. so cool that he was familiar with me and my work and said he would pass my info and song onto to person who could actually help: the creative director of the company I want to get my music to. Funny how as we get a bit older, we become more afraid of doing things. At least for me I've found if I don't get an immediate or good reaction, I retreat, go back in the shell and come out again when it seems safe or I get rehyped up on whatever it is I want to achieve-typical cancer the crab behavior and probably normal for anyone who's feeling rejected. When I was in my teens, I had pictures of an interesting recording artist named Leon Russell, keyboardist from Oklahoma that I adored plastered all over my bedroom walls. I told my mother in no uncertain terms: "One day I'm going to sing with him". She just said, "yeah, ok, right" and darned if i didn't end up in his band a few years later. I think the lesson is, you can get what you really want if you just focus on it and set your mind to it, PERIOD!!!! I'm living proof, and that's also happened to me with some other things which I'll talk about in a later blog. I think the most important thing is to KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT IS YOU WANT!! Without that, you can flounder around for eternity. It's all about FOCUS, something that I am becoming very conscious of. So, excuse me while I get my "focus on"....

mwah!! xoxoxo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Marcy I remember those days well.
Just about turned me into an alkie all those nights listening to you at the nine of cups here in Tulsa. You remember Old dog band there too. Sitting on top of the walk in cooler which was the so call stage or band stand. What wonderful days they were. The only one I remember from Old Dog band is Steve Pryor playing the steel guitar and a lot of people here don't even know how good a steel player he is. Lets see there was also Tommy Lokie I used to run with his daughter and still do when I get a chance and she is in town. God I good go on and on about those days along with Boston avenue Market and Magician's theater I bet that give's you a headache to think that far back LOL
Later girl and so happy you are still working and doing the good thing.
M

Mike Devery said...

Thanks for sharing this Marcy. It's very true that these sort of feelings don't go away just because you're not 20 years old anymore. Hopefully we learn to pull up those bootstraps when we have to though! Please keep posting, it's a joy to read!
Mike.

ohgoodthinking99 said...

Thanks for sharing, Marcy, this is great to read! I collect a few vinyl albums, not obsessively, just a few here and there. I made a goofy pledge that when I was 33 years and 4 months old, you know 33 1/3... I would pick up an album from where ever I lived at the time. I was in Memphis, and on mission day, joined a friend for lunch who happened to be raising a glass to a dear friend that had passed. I picked his brain after lunch for artist suggestions, which led to my introduction to Leon Russell on vinyl.

Anonymous said...

That's really good to see this blog..

Thank you very much...
___________________
Andrew
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment