Sunday, November 15, 2009

days 97-112 "the making of......."

woahhhhhhhhhh, i can't believe it's been so long since i blogged. i put it down to my being ill for most of this time with a nasty flu like bug that found a nice resting place in my sinuses. very, very annoying. i'm just now starting to feel better.
so, wassup, you may ask? well, just before the lurgy really set in, I decided to do a vocal on one of the jp songs here in my home studio. I wasn't completely happy with my performance on the version we did at the hob studio, so i asked john to send me the backing track, sans lead vocal for me to re-do, which he did. oh, i should say also, during this little 2 week break, jp had to go to new orleans, so all was a bit on hold, except for my redoing my vocal. i really liked how it came out and jp came over on friday to have a listen. he liked it and said that he immediately understood why i wanted to redo it. we shall call it "bedroom studios"!! ha; these days, it doesn't really matter. you can have state of the art equipment set up anywhere-except maybe on the street, for the noise factor-and you're good to go as long as you at least know the basics of engineering whatever it is you're trying to record.
so, he took the vocal back to his studio and will be putting it into the track that he has back on his computer at home. i decided to do another vocal for the other track that I felt my performance was a bit lackluster on and redid that friday afternoon after he left. i really like the way it sounds too. today, I'll put some lush background vocals on it. this was the one song i was gonna get a bunch of my singer friends to sing on, but due to everyone's schedule being very different from mine, i decided to just do them on my own, which is totally fine. i've done all the background vocals on all the other tracks and i do love doing the bv's.
i'm meeting with jp on tuesday to put some more stuff on the tracks, mostly the string lines that i did in the demos, we are going to redo. I may do my harmonica for one of the tracks here and bring it to john on my little portable hard drive. it's about the size of half of a nail file, amazing what you can do these days.
i forgot one important thing that I didn't mention and never announced till it was final: for nearly 3 months i was in negotiations with a company called music sales who are experts at getting music into film and television. we finally reached an agreement and i signed the documents on november 6th which i'm very happy about. i'll be meeting with them very soon, things are already happening, all's good.

so, on that note, I'll say adieu till next time. i won't wait so long till the next blog, more to report in the coming days!!

love always;

marcy xoxoxo

No comments: