Thursday, January 21, 2010

eve of show 2, pop to opera

i want to know how thursday came around so quickly??? had a lot to learn this week, a whole new song and again, in italian, thank goodness. next week is german, yikes! very difficult, i don't know the language very well at all; that alone will be a challenge. anyway, re: this week, really looking forward to it, the orchestra sounded amazing today at the rehearsal playing my song. this is so incredible. i wish my father was alive to see this; he loved classical music so much. he used to take me to see orchestras, took me to see the great viloinist, isaac stern, it was just beautiful.
today was a very long day: a fitting for my dress, vocal training session, meeting with the mentors to run through my song and talk about the acting/drama aspect of it as well. rolando had both katherine and i in tears talking about the character singing my song and what she is singing about. phew. i'm looking forward to tomorrow. i felt so much better today at the orchestra rehearsal today; i felt like i was present, which was a nice change from last week. everything seemed to be so frenetic, including me, and, my nerves. i've had so much great feedback from friends, family and supporters, it's wonderful and i so appreciate it. i'm really enjoying myself. don't want to go home yet!! so, i shall do me best.

now, i need to rest...

ciao for now.

love always;

marcy

on itv1 2morro nite, 9pm, yeah, oh and alan titsmarsh sometime before that. think i spelled his name wrong in my last blog, sorry alan!! he is truly a lovely man!!

5 comments:

Pocket said...

All the best and good luck Marcy! :)

Anyism said...

I can't wait to see what piece you will be singing.. Best Wishes :)

exBFF said...

oh marcy, you were sooo good...and the costuming? rawr! seriously, the hair was gorgeous.

you're one of the most gifted singers in the world (bar none). Shake off your nerves and just have fun with it.

Pretend you're on set at AbFab...sing to naked patsy and edina.

:-)

Leah said...

By far the best I saw last week and this week. This weeks performance didn't move me to tears as last weeks did but you were still magnificent! Well done!!!

T said...

When are you performing live next in the UK? We want your blues baby! Maybe at the Charlotte St Blues Club or similar?