Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 4 of "the making of...

well, you gotta be quick around here! i just tried typing into the blog, my finger hit the wrong button and it went up, unfinished!
so, let me try this again.
here it is, day 4 into the making of my new cd. well, actually, the plan is to do 4 songs. maybe 5, we'll see. it's sunday night, so i am going to wait till tomorrow to contact the producer john porter to confirm with him that the drummer and bass player are on for it at the beginning of september. first thing tomorrow i will be emailing and calling him. hopefully then, we can decide on two days between september 1st and 4th. but i suppose that will be up to the availability at the studio that we're trying to get into. i hope to have that sorted out by the end of this coming week. time is hurtling by and the plan must be made.
also, tomorrow, i'll decide exactly how this will be financially done and how to proceed as well as marketing and getting the word out there. i will do my best to make it known. a friend of mine has a company called, "artist's first" online, which is a licensing company. it helps the artist get their music placed in television and film. he's already asked me for some music for that purpose. i'll give him a few songs i've done, like my whole "dancing madly sideways" album and my "feeler" album. those will be best to give him at first since i own the masters and the rights for those two albums. i also have all the demos i've done over the past few years. some of them sound pretty good; but i want to make sure they are broadcast quality before i give them to him. yet more administrative work that i need to do, but it must be done.
had a weird nite tonight; went to see an old friend of mine. we met in acting class. he had a party and invited me to come sing. so, there i was 7 pm in the blazing l.a. summer heat and picked up my guitar and sang about 4 of my songs. it went over well, but if someone could tell me how i could be more nervous playing on someone's porch to 40 people than i am in front of 10,000 people in an arena, i'd like to know! maybe it's because i'm close enough to see their dental work-or maybe i'm worried that i'm close enough for them to see mine! i don't know. but either way, it's not fun when i'm not having fun. the past several years, i've been battling with this, which i wrote in my first blog. you know, some nights, i have the most incredible time and others, well, not so much. but, i am in it for the long haul and i'm either brave or a masochist and i will not let it stop me. i remember reading about hugh jackman doing the oscars. he said, "i am determined not to let my nerves stop me from enjoying this" and i can completely relate to that. tonight my husband said something interesting: "stop pretending like you're not good!" i don't know, maybe he's right. after all, being "good" has always gotten me in trouble and that's what i relate it to. then again, they say nerves are natural and just part of it.

so, that's the story, morning glories....off to have a snack and watch some mindless, maybe play a few games on me iphone b4 dreamland.

with love;

marcy

No comments: