Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 6 of "the making of"....

Or we could call this: 10,000 reasons NOT to do it! I had a meeting with someone at a big company who proceeded to list many reasons why not to work on and release an independent project. and boy, they had me going for a while. yes, it's true, there is a lot of competition out there with very well known bands now doing the same thing and it's hard to get an agent to book you; the big fish are getting the attention. but oh, i just remembered, i have a few booking agents right now who are chomping at the bit for me to get some product out there so they can book me some gigs. ah, let's see what else, they said, it's hard to make money on music these days which is very true. even record companies and publishing companies are having to think of creative ways to monetize their artists records and catalogues since the event of "downloading" things for free began. that's a whole other blog. but yes, i understand that and I have people again waiting for me to hand them some new music so they can get to work with placing it in tv and or film. and yes, people seem to be making money on their cd sales mostly at gigs and do I really want to do that? yes, I do! so, thanks for all the information, I am aware, you are right, but, i'm now on a mission and will follow through. but they also gave me a few other very cool ideas on how to make money with my music that i hadn't really thought of before, so thank you very much for that.
so, I had some very good news today: we have one studio that we wanted on hold and another great place also a very strong possibility if the first one falls through. i'll have confirmation very soon. band is standing by, all is moving forward. having a meeting tomorrow night with a cool company that I may be able to work with for my distribution.
so, you see, big wheels are in motion and all that.

i'm on it. and now it's off to dreamland.

peace always;

marcy x

No comments: