Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 8, "the making of....."

One thing I just realized: I gotta start doing these blogs a little earlier. 1 am and I am getting kind of tired. It's been quite a day. I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster of emotion from very low to extremely high. well, not terribly "low" but more worried about some personal matters. but I actually got a lot done today. spent much of my time making cd's for some publishers. I've been having meetings for a few weeks now and I've got some more meetings tomorrow, all day and into the night, about music and music, what else?!
everything is still moving forward with recording. today I did a video blog which we are going to start adding to the process. I'm employing a company called media-jag to do the job. we've been filming stuff for a while now and will start putting some things up on current tv and youtube very soon.
here's something fun: today I was going to the market, [as you do], around 7pm and i noticed there was a call on my cell phone. it was a missed call from a guy named stevie salas. who is that? well, if anyone remembers the shakespear's sister song, "you're history", he is the one who put that amazing lead guitar on it in the solo. he and i got back in touch with each other after several years. he is a very busy man! he's the musical director for some big time bands and is also a record producer. anyway, i called him back, standing outside my local trader joe's and he says, "hey marcy, i'm up in canada doing a record for someone and i thought of you. they need a female vocal on something, here talk to the record company president"...next thing i know I'm talking to this record exec in canada telling me she'd love me to sing on a song for one of her artists. it was a great chat, and i'll be getting the mp3 soon. looking forward to that.

busy tomorrow as i said with meetings to make this thing happen. next week, lots of stuff to do as well and i'll be posting blogs here again, naturally, as well as myspace and facebook.

so, stay tuned as the journey unfolds...

love always;

marcy

No comments: