Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Making of 2011: Blog 3

Countdown to recording tomorrow, yee haa! I have a feeling this is going to be something completely different for me. I enjoyed my meet with EL the other day. He emailed me today and all is moving forward.

Bringing my lovely acoustic guitar for tracking tomorrow. It's the one Eric Clapton picked up for me while we were on tour many years ago. We were on the road in the San Francisco area. Eric said, "I'm going guitar shopping, do you want anything?" kind of like you do when you're going to the market or something, ha ha!. I said, "sure, please pick me up a nice warm acoustic guitar". So, he brings me back this amazing Martin 0018, made in 1949! I covet that guitar. It's very warm and fuzzy and it's been my musical friend and inspiration for so long.

Off to run some errands and prepare, rehearse. I'll try to do some tweeting from the studio. check it out at:
www.twitter.com/marcelladetroit

Much love;
Marcy xo