Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Making of 2011 Blog 4

Back from my trip into studio world where time flies by marked by rehearsals, retakes, trying this and that till it's right and before you know it, it's 10 pm again. Last night ended with food being delivered. El had to leave the session early due to family issues.

I think all in all it went very well yesterday although I had a problem with one of the keys of one of my songs. I'd been so used to singing it higher and El suggested I do it a whole 4th lower so I ended up feeling like I was singing in my boots! but after all that I understand the suggestion; he thought it would sound more personal to sing it in my chest voice and in fact, after trying it back up in E where I used to sing it and all points in between A below E and up to E, we went back to B!!

Tracks are all sounding v cool, laid back memphis soul. One went really well yesterday, better than I'd even imagined it would.

We r due to start overdubs either this Friday or next Monday. I wait with bated breath. But in the meantime, gonna put a vocal on a track for someone in the uk in my home studio....

Till next time.

Much love xo

No comments: