Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Making of 2011 Blog 5

Saturday afternoon in southern California happens to be a lovely spring day. How dare nature serve up such a beautiful concoction here after the devastation a few thousand miles away in Japan. My heart goes out to all those people.

This weekend was meant to be my time off; but if anyone knows me, it's hard to do that. last night I was working in my studio till about 1 am on a few songs of mine that I've been wanting to finish. I am desperate to become a better engineer and am determined to be able to make my demos sound like records. I'm also looking to connect with a good studio partner, someone who can help me with that, perhaps write with me and be at the helm of the technical aspect of gaining good quality sound.


re: my record, it's supposed to all start happening on Monday. According to EL we are going to start overdubbing then and "not stop till it's done"; ok, ok, well maybe we'll take some food, bathroom and sleep breaks, but I don't really know what his work ethic is like at this point, so it's anybody's guess.. We've got keyboard overdubs, percussion stuff and I would imagine some guitars and other goodies, and of course, I will do my vocals and backing vocals.

oh, sorry I never told you this, you can't expect me to give everything away, but here are the names of the musicians that have played on the recent tracks:
dean parks: guitar
patrick warren: keyboards
jay bellerose: drums and percussion
brian mcleod: drums and percussion
larry klein: bass and production

if you google all of the above players you will find a wealth of incredible credits. I am honored to be working with all of them.

Will report more on Monday.

Much love xo

1 comment:

BryanMichael said...

I love to read about the creative process,and how a record is coming together.I often look back when the finished album arrives,when listening thinking of the notes,blogs or tweets an artist wrote during it's creation.I try and get a grasp of how time moves..fast usually!
But a creative space is such a special time and seemingly short but actually spans a great length with much hard work and dedication :)
All the best to you,and wishing you a smooth journey in obtaining that improvement in engineering,producing,shaping and more
x
Bryan Michael, Ireland