Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 12, "the making of....."

Wellll, got a lot to report today. Very happy to say I heard back from the drummer Gadson and he is on for the studio. John [Porter] called me today and said he's going to call the guitarist and keyboard players to confirm their availability and will let me know as soon as possible.
As soon as I woke up today, I got online and took care of a lot of things, emailing people. had a meeting with my number one man, we're setting up a new website for me which will have some cool stuff on it. I won't say until I know for sure, and I don't want to give it all away right now!! but it's a-comin'. Also, still gathering information and doing research on my game plan. It's all coming together very nicely I'm happy to say. I may be doing some gigs in the l.a. area later this month too, we'll see, as long as it doesn't interfere with my rehearsing and recording plans.
Incidentally, I've got a nightclub-ish, set up in my living room. It's fun; I have a p.a. set up (well, it's actually my fender bassman amp with an echo unit hooked up to it) that I'm singing through and playing my cute black baby grand piano. i just love my piano. got it a few years ago and have always wanted one. I am a very lucky girl!!!!!! and I'm very grateful. I will get the guitar out and start playing that more. Lately, I've just been piano crazy! I'm trying to rehearse an hour a day.

More work to do this week but of course will blog every day as the journey unfolds.

love always;

Marcy x

No comments: