Saturday, August 15, 2009

day 23 "the making of...."

Ok, so here we are, day 23. I do have a little more progress to report. I talked to JP today and we sorted out the band now. I'm happy I'll be playing guitar too, and that JP agrees that since I'm the artist, it will set the mood. Another producer I worked with last year wouldn't let me play one lick of guitar on any of the songs we did. most likely because he was a guitarist and wanted to do it all himself. oh, i just thought he let me play on one thing, but no, come to think of it he didn't. not good. it's not about my ego. it's about the music, my artistry, what it's all about. v. important, and i'm so tired of that kind of attitude anyway, "you're a chick, you can't really play" and have had some of da boyz laugh and say, oh isn't it cute, look at her play. hmm. well, yes, i do play, alright i ain't no jimi hendrix or eric clapton, but i do ok, so it's all good. i'll be playing all the rhythm guitar on all songs where it's needed and we'll be having this great musician named jon cleary play some lead and more keyboards on stuff which is great and maybe another guest here and there.

going to get an early night to beat this little bug that's trying to get me. up early and outta here to see an old friend.

love always;

marcy xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see anyone laughing at Bonnie Raitt, and if they do, they are seriously lacking intelligence.

Sing, it, Marcy: "Anything you can do, I can do better..."